Surgery Update!

Hello once again to all my family, friends, co-workers, and fans!  Since my hospitalization last week, Monday afternoon, I am feeling better and doing fine.  If I didn’t mention it before I was hospitalized last week due to a gallbladder attack that came on suddenly starting around 0500hrs that morning.  For nearly twelve hours I was in horrendous pain and agony, which at one point brought tears to my eyes, which doesn’t happen from physical pain since I was in elementary school.  Of course, my wife was somewhat freakin out on the inside, but remained calm and cool on the outside while she could do little for me.  My eight and half month old black lab was also whining and walking back and forth to me and her as if he was trying to alert her of my well being.

Just like my last gallbladder attack this one crept slowly to a state of horrible pain and unwilling misery.  The only exception was that it felt like my stomach was going to explode with so much pressure and pain hitting me on a consistent and non-stop motion.  The only thing that stayed down was the Nexium pill that my wife gave me, but that did little to soothe the state of agony I was in.  Before the paramedics came to my apartment I was on the floor on all fours just trying to relieve the pain and pressure I was feeling, but that relief would come nearly three hours later.  My blood pressure skyrocketed to near stroke stage and at that point they were very close in putting me on blood pressure medication to bring that back down.  As far as I can remember I have never been in so much pain as I was that day.  Not even getting sick from eating the local food in Afghanistan, during my military tour in 2003-04, was that horrid.

Of course, once I got to the hospital a couple of hours later I vomited once more and this time it was nothing that I recognized from eating or taking.  Hearing the news from the doctor and him pressing on my sore and painful spot where my gallbladder was, he stated to me that it is infected and several gallstones were seen on my ultrasound.  The ultrasound test was also painful as the assistant had to put pressure on my right side in order to get clear pictures and views of my gallbladder.  I tell you what though the pain medication they gave me in the hospital until my surgery and after was a call from Heaven!  That shit put me under a different state of sleep to where I can still hear everything, but couldn’t respond.  Except I kept being waken up by this old man next to me in the ER who kept complaining about his care and not wanting to go to the next medical center for further and better treatment.  I was so glad that I wasn’t next to him long, but I do wonder what happened to him after he left the hospital.

That same day after they admitted me, they just stuck me in a room with no I.V. except a bed, sheets, and a television that I had to pay $8 a day to watch.  Needless to say I wasn’t watching any television as I was more concerned about my health and the pain I kept receiving after the meds wore off.  Later on, they figured out that I wasn’t listed on any of the paperwork to have one side of the room.  That became apparent when they wheeled in a man, who I think was from Columbia or Brazil, and gave me a look of what the hell are you doing here!  Shortly, after that I was given a general time of my surgery the next day in the afternoon.  That entire night I couldn’t sleep more than two or three hours and watching my I.V. needle fill up with blood each time I moved my arm.  Eating pretzels the night before just to calm the hunger pain was even causing me gallbladder issues.  It was very appreciative to see a co-worker come to the hospital that night to visit me, who brought me some pretzels, while on the clock.

On the day of my surgery I was given some type of calming, relaxing medication just before they wheeled me into surgery.  According to my wife, which happened nearly 30 seconds after taking said medication, I was being wheeled away and said, “Smiling like a chester cat and I want muffins when I wake up. MUFFINS!”  Hearing that from her made me laugh so hard that my incisions from the surgery were hurting from every second of laughter!  I was finally released from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and was so tired and weak.  Although I am more than a week removed from my surgery I still have stinging pain and soreness from sitting down too long and bending over.  All I can wear are sweatpants going out as the belt from jeans and other kind of pants that require belts pull down irritating my stitches.  Already missed a week of work and will likely miss two more weeks as I heal and try not to bust my stitches and cause myself more pain than necessary.

I would like to thank to all those that said prayers for me as I was in the hospital, visited me in the hospital, and sent their personal well wishes.  I am doing just fine and getting better each day and hopefully I will be back to my full-self once again very shortly!

P.S. – I apologize for the near stoppage of my stories as the work schedule I was on made it difficult for me to keep it up on a consistent basis.  Hopefully I will be able to get back to finishing my four original stories so you all can see how each one ended.  🙂



Filed under Off The Clock, REAL-LIFE STORIES

2 responses to “Surgery Update!

  1. An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I think which you must write much more on this topic, it could not be a taboo subject but normally folks aren’t sufficient to speak on such topics. To the next. Cheers

    michael kors bags on sale

  2. Aw, this was a actually nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this in addition – taking time and actual effort to create a particularly very good article?- but what can I say?- I procrastinate alot and by no indicates appear to obtain something accomplished.

    red bottom shoes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s